Thursday, January 5, 2012

Samantha is one month old!

Can't believe Sammi is already one month old!  We are getting used to having a newborn again, and it becomes challenging with a 21 month old also needing your attention!  Sam's one month checkup went really well, and so far the only major thing she has to deal with is gas and a little bit of acid reflux.  When I tell people about it, the response  I get is "um...that's normal".  Nicky didn't have those issues when he was a baby so he is my benchmark (which could be a bad thing!).  We also have to cradle her till she is almost asleep before we put her down (she has been in her crib since she was 4 days old), slowly but surely she is starting to fall asleep on her own.  I read Nicky's baby book and noticed that he started sleeping through the night at 7 weeks.  A couple of nights this week she was able to sleep for 6 hours at night, so hopefully it becomes a pattern!    Overall, Sam is a good baby!  
One month growth picture

Sammi rolling her eyes at her brother's cheesy smile, ha.

We are working on tummy time, and unlike her big brother, she loves it!  She has been holding her head up really well since she was about 10 days old.  She is becoming more alert and we are anxious to see her smile!  It is really fun having a little girl...I messed up washing some of her whites with her reds and now she has a ton of pink clothes.  So I guess it all doesn't go to waste, HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment