Monday, January 23, 2012

Nick and Sam

So Sam has been in our lives now for 2 months and Nicky is getting used to having a little sister and being mommy's helper.  Every morning he comes in saying "hi baby!" when she is sound asleep.  That's always fun for me, ha!  During the day Nicky normally does his own thing but still has a little jealousy when it's time to feed Sammi (he'll say "my turn!"), or if he sees one of us holding her, in which he'll say "mommy/daddy hold you...-which means "hold me").  I'm starting to master the art of having Nicky on one hip and cradling Sammi in the opposite arm, or carrying the car seat - which tends to happen when I pick Nicky up from school - refuses to walk out of daycare so I have to carry them both!

In the evening, Dan helps Nicky get ready for bed, brush his teeth, while I am winding down with Sammi getting her ready for bed (we've been able to get them to go to bed at the same time, which is fabulous!).  I always hear Nick in the hallway saying "where mommy go?  where sammi go?", so he will come in and give both me and Sammi kisses before he goes to bed.  It's the sweetest thing.

Me and my babies.
And Daddy and his babies!

Nick helping Mommy put Sammi to bed


No comments:

Post a Comment