Hi everyone!
I think the last time I wrote about being pregnant was when I posted ultrasound pictures of our baby at 15 weeks old
http://nickyboncel.blogspot.com/2011/06/summers-here.html. Time flew this time around, I think with being so busy at work, and of course, with chasing Nicky around...I think by the time I was 36 weeks along I gave up and just let Dan chase him around. The delivery was scheduled for November 22, 2011. I was 100% confident I was having another boy. When my doctor asked me in the operating room what I think it is, I said "I think it's another boy", in which she responded "don't sound so excited Michelle." I guess she could tell I really wanted a girl! Dr. Dairiki told Dan that he will be the one to make the announcement to everyone in the operating room as to what we were having, which we were so excited about! At 1:55 pm, Dr. Dairiki asked Dan to stand up and take a look over the sheet to make the announcement, and Dan said "I think it's a girl?" And tears just started flowing. We were overjoyed! Of course, we would have been happy either way :)
When Nicky was born, Dan videotaped the delivery and said "it's a boy!", and announced his name. This time around, after Dan announced that we had a girl, he got the notice on the video camera "Memory card full". Samantha didn't get to have her name memorialized on video like her big brother did - barely being 5 seconds old, she is already being treated as the second child, ha! Dan and I both loved the name Samantha (we thought that "Nick and Sam" go great together), and her middle name Maria is in honor of my grandmother.
 |
| Dan cutting the umbilical cord. |
 |
| Proud parents!! |
Samantha Maria Boncel was born on November 22, 2011, at 1:55pm, and was 7 lbs 6 oz., which is 2 oz. heavier than Nicky when he was born..and Nicky was 5 days overdue, where Samantha was 1 week early! Can't imagine what she would have weighed if I delivered on the 29th, my original due date.
 |
| Our baby girl |
Nicky is getting used to his new sibling - he is sweet enough to say "shhh" and hold his finger to his lips if Sam is sleeping, and he will walk up to the pack and play and say "hi baby". But there have been moments where I will be nursing Sam, and Nicky will try to push both of us away and has even thrown a book at Sam. Oh well, the trials of getting used to a sibling I guess. But it is encouraging to know that anything Nicky will remember, his sister will be in his life. When Nicky visited me in the hospital, it just hit me that he is such a big boy now. He is doing so much, talking a ton, and even repeating things that I don't realize I say - the biggest thing is he yells "honey!" from the top of the stairs. Apparently, I do that if I am yelling for Dan when he is downstairs - Nicky even has the same inflection in his voice like I do, it's hilarious!
Nicky got an early birthday present from his grandma and poppa, who have been kind enough to watch him when I was in the hospital and take care of everything at the house, and help me when I'm getting adjusted to being at home with a newborn again. Nicky LOVES this playhouse! And he'll even have more fun when his baby sister is old enough to walk around in it with him!
 |
| Nick's new pad (even has a name plate to prove it) |
 |
| My little man! |
No comments:
Post a Comment