Friday, March 9, 2012

The Nick-tionary

I can't believe my babycakes is going to be 2 years old next week!  For his first birthday, a girlfriend of mine got me a journal where I could start keeping track of all the funny things he says.  He has been talking like crazy, and of course, I haven't written one word down in the book!  So here is a summary of his favorite words and phrases (along with translation) he says so far..and I promise to be better at writing down funny things he says when he turns 2! :)

"Hold you" - He looks up at you, holds his arms up, and says this when he wants you to hold HIM.  Grandma started this by asking him every time  "can Grandma hold you?" of which he always said yes! So now it's "Mommy hold you...Daddy hold you.."  One of these days he'll be better at his pronouns.

"What happened?", "What's this?" - He asks a lot of questions..we are patient with him by answering him, even though he may ask the same question 4 times in a row.  One time he did ask me "What happened?" so I probably spent about 15 seconds explaining it to him, and he was really engaged and paying attention...and as I thought he was about to have a real conversation with me, he says "What happened?"

"I see garbage trucks!", "big trucks!", "motorcycle!", "big bus!"...anything transportation related.  Now that he is forward facing in the car, he is especially attentive looking for them on our car rides.

"Filipino!" or "Polock!"  - We are now talking to Nicky about his ethnic background and he proudly says each of these, even screams it with a fist in the air, ha!

With a yawn, he says "I'm tired" (he usually says this on our way home from daycare).  - Not sure if he got this from me or Dan.  But if I do yawn, he'll say "Mommy tired."

"Monster poop!" - Every time he does have a poopie diaper, and as you change him, he proudly says "monster poop!"  Then he says "I see monster poop".  Not sure where he learned this from?

"No".  - No is one his favorite words these days.  Instead of just saying "no", he does try to give you a complete phrase..  Nicky, let's put your pants on..."no pants".  Nicky, let's give you a bath..."no bath".  Nicky, you need a haircut..."no haircut".  Nicky, let's brush your teeth.."no brush teeth"...or my favorite, Nicky, A, B,C,...."no mommy!"  Shall I go on?

He is also getting bossy these days.  Whenever we sit him down for dinner at the table, he will point and say "mommy, sit there.  daddy, sit there."  Or when we he has his cheerios and milk in the morning and sits on our bed, he'll say "daddy, sit there".  or if he is done holding his milk, he will tell us and point "milk there."  Mr. bossypants!!

Although he can be bossy, he is a really nice kid.  As an adult, we usually say bless you for the first one and assume that covers all future sneezes for the day.  I appreciate that Nicky hasn't figured that out yet and is kind enough to say bless you every time he hears someone sneeze (which I love, considering during my allergy attacks I get 5 "bless yous" from him!).   He says "excuse me bebe" (excuse me Bentley) if he is trying to get past Bentley when he lays there like a log.  He always ends a question with please when he wants something (especially when he asks for his milk).  And Nicky is the king of thank yous. He will thank you for everything and anything, even if it is him being released from a time out!

I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  I am looking forward to my baby learning more and more everyday!  And hopefully it will be his ABCs, 123s, and less asking to look at monster poops.

My little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment