We took advantage of the beautiful weather this spring (and our membership!) to the Phoenix zoo - Nicky has been practicing all of the animal sounds (elephant, lion, monkey), that it was finally time for him to see them in person! The hardest part of the visit was having him get back in the stroller after he saw an animal, only because he wanted to keep walking!
Nicky has had a very busy two months - first, after his Auntie Mattie went on maternity leave, I dreaded the day would finally come...Nicky would have to go to daycare. Every day when we would pick him up, he was sitting in the corner, holding his lovey, and sucking his thumb. His teacher told us that in the afternoons, he would cry because all the other kids were being picked up by his parents and he wouldn't see us come through the door (mind you, Dan and I would show up before 530!!). And of course, 3rd day at daycare, I get the call "Nicky has a temperature" so him getting sick from daycare didn't take long at all!
Second, he took three weeks off from daycare to spend two of them with his Lola who came here to visit from Austin. They had a lot of fun together, even when Nicky was getting over an ear infection! Lola probably took over 100 pictures of Nicky while she was here, and I would say there were multiple sets of photos where I don't think he moved once! The two weeks went by WAYYYY too fast. It reminded me of when she came to visit for almost a month when Nicky was first born, she spent a lot of time with him and practically cooked every night! It was nice to spend Mother's day with her too...especially when Nicky was getting fussy in his high chair and I wanted to continue eating..ha! By the time Lola left, Nicky learned 4 more body parts, and walked into his room when asked if he needed a diaper change! I remember how it took Nicky 3 days for him to warm up to Lola when he turned 1 in March, and then when Lola came back 2 months later, it only took an hour!
![]() |
| Mother's Day 2011 |
![]() |
| Taken by Lola - one of my favorite pictures! |
Nicky then went back to daycare this week and although the first couple of days were rough (back to his 1 hour daily naps - he still needs and wants 2 naps a day!), by the end of the week his teachers told us he has become more talkative, and loves to show off his dance moves!
Today we went to the Children's museum, and Nicky had a blast! I was worried that he would get fussy since he only took a catnap on the way there, but he was way too excited once we arrived.
| Kinda funny that the outlets at the children's museum don't have outlet protectors! |
| What's going on over here? |
And some big news on the family front...WE'RE PREGNANT!! We found out the day after Nicky's birthday party (I thought I was just tired from having family and friends over to celebrate with Nicky), but sure enough, we will have a 2nd addition to the family soon! I am currently 15 weeks along, and Baby #2 is due on November 29, 2011. We've decided to wait until delivery to find out whether we are having a boy or a girl! Either way, Nicky is going to make a great big brother!! We are so excited!!





No comments:
Post a Comment