Sunday, March 13, 2011

Overdue Nicky post!

The past couple of months have been so crazy that with the house nice and quiet, I thought I'd finally put up a Nicky update.  Around his 11 month birthday, Nicky came down with a case of strep throat :(  The only reason we knew something was up was because Nicky wanted to cuddle with us!  For those who know Nicky, he is not a cuddler.  But when it happend two days in a row, and not anywhere near bedtime, we knew something was up.  Once he started antibiotics he was feeling better, and then he came down with a case of scarlett fever (a rash all over his body).  There wasn't much we could do about the rash, but that went away in a couple of days.  So, with him recovering from strep and with us both busy with work, I never got around to taking his 11 month picture!!  So here is his 11 month-ish picture:





Other than that, Nicky is doing great! He really enjoys his music class, which we attend every Saturday.  He is much more interested in dancing in class than he is in playing the instruments! The past couple of weeks the babies have been playing the drums, and Nicky will either stand up and dance for everyone, or sit in my lap, kick back, and rest his foot on the drum.   He is such a ham! 

Dan loves to throw Nicky up in the air, and it wasn't after I took these pictures of them that I noticed Nicky was looking at the camera the entire time!


Now that Nicky is walking everywhere and the weather is beautiful, we've been spending a lot of time outside ...and getting Nicky used to his golf club set from Poppa, not sure who will get more use out of that putting green, Nicky or Dan!
Nicky and Daddy checking out the green


Sandbox/sandtrap for Nicky in the background
Big brown eyes
Nicky's favorite person these days is Dan - he is constantly saying dada, even if Dan isn't around..on our drives to Auntie Mattie's house, we talk about what he's going to do today, and I even ask him things like "How big is Nicky?" and in response he will sometimes (not always) throw both hands up and I say "so big!", and if I ask him "What does a lion say?" he sometimes (not always) responds with "rooooarrr!".  Then I just start saying "mama" and he responds with "dada" (always!).  I'll keep trying!

One of Dan's favorite gifts Nicky got from my baby shower was this terrycloth robe...at 2 months old, we knew it was still too big for him to wear, and then now at 11 months, we thought to ourselves maybe he can wear it now - boy were we wrong!  We couldn't even close the robe!  The first year has flown by!

Yep.  A little small. 

 He loves bathtime and now when we get the bath ready, he loves to run around nudie!
Catch me if you can!
Before bedtime we read a book, and lately we've been reading "Does a Kangaroo have a mother?" (Thank you Auntie Deepa!)  We have a basket of books next to the recliner in his room, and he has been pulling this particular book out of the basket, even when it's in the middle of the pile!  And I know he's really listening because when I ask a question like "Does a lion have a mother?" he starts to nod his head, then I turn the page and say "yes! a lion does have a mother!"  It's the cutest thing!

No real story for this picture, I just think he is so so cute in this one:

Nicky turns ONE on Wednesday!! I can't believe it - his music class sang happy birthday to him today and I teared up.  Lolo and Lola, and Auntie Zel are flying in this weekend, Grandma and Poppa, Auntie Sandy and Uncle Steve, and cousins Maya, Sarah and Tess are driving up from Tucson...then Nicky's friends are also attending his party - we are expecting a good size group, it will be a fabulous weekend!  I promise to be good about posting pictures from his birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment