Okay, I think this time I'm only a week behind on my 10 month post...not bad!! :)
2011 is here, and so much has happened already..on New Years Day, Dan and his cousin Michael went to watch their beloved Badgers in the Rose Bowl - although they didn't come home with a win, Dan says it was still an amazing experience!
 |
View from their seats
|
We think Nicky has moved on from the stuffed animals (or at least he's taking a break), and now he's loving toys that he can take balls or shapes and put it in the right spot. Thank you Grandma and Poppa for the cookie jar, and to his gal Sadie for the TaDoodle!
 |
| Being silly! |
One of Nicky's favorite places to be is under the table. He will start to crawl that way, and then he sits up and looks for you, because he KNOWS he shouldn't be going to the table..as soon as he sees you coming after him, he screams with delight! He doesn't really know what "no" means just yet, but as soon as we say it (and we really do try to say it without smiling) he starts to laugh! Here is he under the table and dreaming:
 |
| Well. Hello there. |
Nicky is such an active boy, it's hard to keep up with him!
 |
Ahhhh! You found me!
|
One of our neighbors gave us tickets to the Barrett Jackson car auction show - I still don't understand why people would spend so much money for a car that would just sit somewhere, but I'm glad to say that we went! Nicky was a trooper - we went on Friday night and I was worried that because it would be after 8pm by the time we would get home, that we would be dealing with a cranky baby. I really need to set higher expectations! He is so curious these days, he was taking it all in:
 |
| This ticket is tasty. |
We don't have anything in the drawers he can reach, other than swim goggles and a remote control for the TV outside, but he hopes there is something different every time he checks a drawer:
 |
| Hmmm. I don't see anything. Maybe tomorrow. |
I love this picture because you can see his curls. Right now, he has a curl de sac:
Here we are on one of his afternoon wagon rides
 |
| Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades. |
 |
Mommy and Me
|
On January 9th, Nicky started walking! He has been standing on his own for a while now and walking when holding on to the furniture, so we knew it was going to happen any day...Dan and I were sitting with him on the floor one evening and he was standing, then all of a sudden, started taking steps! He probably took 5 steps that day before he decided that crawling gets him where he needs to get to a little faster, but what a HUGE accomplishment! He still crawls, but he's been walking more and more...so proud of our little Nickerdoodle! I was able to take some pictures the other day of him walking..
His two top teeth are in, now we are up to 4...it seems like Nicky has been teething FOREVER!
Taking growth pictures are getting more and more difficult - now we just try to snap the picture as quickly as we can before he tries to get up:
 |
| 10 months old |
And last but not least, Nicky will soon see his first Super Bowl in a couple of weeks...and even better, the Packers are in..I overheard Dan telling a friend "First Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl, now the Packers in the Super Bowl...can this get any better?" Um, yeah, if they win!! Go Pack Go!!
Nicky is the cutest Packer Fan ever!!
ReplyDeleteNicky is our good luck charm!!!
ReplyDeleteI love Nicky! And I love how his hair gets static cling. So cute!
ReplyDelete