Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nicky's trip to Austin

Nicky had his bags packed for his trip to Austin to visit with his Lola and Lolo (my mom and dad).  I was so excited about it, I couldn't wait for him to not only see my parents again, but also meet the rest of the Rebugio clan, including Tito JonJon (my brother)!  We got there on Saturday afternoon and Lolo had a nice welcome for Nicky on the front door:

The first couple of nights Nicky wouldn't go to sleep so easily as he does at home, but we got through it!  Although I think I had to tell my dad "shhh!" at least 15 times when he was yelling at the TV during the Pacquaio fight - there was a sleeping baby upstairs!


Sunday was the big family get together- all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and 2nd cousins were there, even my Lola!    Nicky had 10 second cousins there, and 8 third cousins!  It was a lot of fun!  And fabulous food of course!  Everyone was so excited to see him, he was being passed around like a game of hot potato!
Nicky and my Lola (does that make her Great-Lola? I say yes!)

Nicky and one of his many aunties!
Nicky and one of my aunties (so that makes her a Lola too? Yep!)
Nicky and one of his many cousins!
Nicky FINALLY met his Tito Jon Jon!  Overall, Jon Jon did good around Nicky - not sure how much he has been around babies, but he looked like a natural!
Nicky and his Tito Jon Jon!



Nicky has a baby toy piano at home, and he absolutely loved tickling the ivories at his Lola's house! 

I'll be here every Thursday, don't forget to tip your waitresses..

We went to Lola's work (TJ Maxx) on Monday and once we walked in, she said "Okay, go shopping, I'll take Nicky"..I think Nicky met everyone that worked at TJ Maxx that day - and some customers - I didn't see them for at least 30 minutes!  Nicky has a very proud Lola! 

 Came back home on Tuesday afternoon.  Nicky fell asleep as soon as we took off, and didn't wake up until our initial descent on each leg  - he is such a great passenger.  Coming back into Phoenix he just kept staring out the window - we had to take this picture:
Is that my house?
So when is our next trip?

2 comments:

  1. I love the pic of him staring out the window, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I just noticed his 8 month pic with Cookie. That is so cute! Man, he's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete