Can't believe summer has come to an end..although I am looking forward to the change in weather (along with every resident in AZ), and can finally sleep with the windows open!
The past few weeks have been fun-filled. Nicky spent a week with his Grandma and Poppa, who were generous enough to watch him while Dan and I went to
Napa for a few days, and then also spent time with Lola a week after! During those two weeks, Nicky started crawling, and now pulling himself up to stand! He really is growing like a weed:
 |
| Look at all these toys |
 |
| Have a feeling mommy will be taking a lot of these shots! |
 |
| Skyping with Lolo |
He moves around a lot in his crib - once the monitor showed "out of range", I knew we were in trouble. I went into his room, and the camera attached to his crib was now hanging. So, we had to move the camera to a higher location, so now we have an aerial view from his crib. And because he likes to pull himself up to stand, he has now been able to pull himself up in his crib:
 |
| Move the mattress down? Check! |
We baby-proofed the living room and kitchen today, and now are changing Nicky on the floor because he moves around so much. He keeps us (and his babysitter Mattie) very busy these days!
Nicky's favorite time (I'm sure with a lot of other babies) is in the morning - it definitely makes it worthwhile getting up so early to see his smiling face:
 |
| Good morning! |
He loves taking baths - I must admit, we didn't start giving him real baths like this until he was 5 months old - we just didn't know!! We were giving him sponge baths all the time, until we were talking about the kinds of baths we gave him and my sister in law said "You don't give him baths? He would love it!" Guess it's still a learning experience. And Sandy was right, he does love them!
 |
| Rubber ducky, you're the one... |
Nicky went swimming this afternoon, probably the last time until next summer, and today it was even a little chilly (100 degrees out):
Then we ended our day with a walk outside (FINALLY!), which we haven't been able to do all summer. Nicky now sits forwards in his stroller and absolutely loves it - when I go running, I notice how upright he sits and grips the bar because he is so interested in what is all around him. Looking forward to more walks with the cooler weather:
 |
Weeeeeeeeeee!
|
Goodbye Summer, hello Fall....
No comments:
Post a Comment