Friday, September 17, 2010

Nicky is 6 months old!

I can't believe it has already been 6 months since little Nicky was born (I'm sure I'll update this sentence as each month passes by).  So much has happened in the past few weeks - including the fact that Nicky is crawling!  He is getting better at it every day, so we've already warned Auntie Mattie that he's a little mover and a shaker, so watch out!  He is now eating peas and/or sweet potatoes during lunch and he LOVES it - smacks his lips after each bite (rice cereal, not so much).  He is also learning how to drink water out of a sippy cup - today at dinner Nicky was focused on trying to drink water out of the straw, and was able to do it with Dan's help.   Now we gotta start babyproofing - we tend to be more reactive than proactive when it comes to Nicky!

Nicky spent the past week with Grandma and Poppa (Dan's parents) while Dan and I were in Napa.  They took Nicky on walks, car rides, the library, and nowadays Nicky loves playing on the floor -- either with his toys, or trying to grab Bentley's tail!    I'm sure Dan's parents are biased, but they said that Nicky was a great baby and they had so much fun with him!  Nicky had his 6 month appointment today and is in the 75th percentile in length (27 inches) and 50% in weight (16.8 lbs). 

Here are some of our favorite pics from the past month:

Smiles

Waiting for the Packer game to come on!


It's hard to get Nicky to sit still during his growth pictures:
He's either ready to get off the couch..
or not.
Nicky and Bentley, partners in crime:
What's this?
Next week Lola (my mom) is coming into town for a week!  I'm so excited, she hasn't seen Nicky since he was 2 months old!!  Nicky is getting lots of love from his grandparents this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment