Nicky had his first plane ride on August 11th, visiting his Auntie Zel and Uncle Vinny (who are also his godparents). I was sooo nervous, just thinking there would be Nicky meltdowns on the plane ride but he exceeded my expectations (maybe I should have better expectations!). Although the flight to Seattle was almost an hour delayed, it worked out and he slept the whole way. I was also worried that while being in Seattle he would not be able to give me good bedtimes or naps, but he slept like a log, just like being home!
The first day we went to see the Seattle Seahawks in training camp - it was a beautiful day, with Lake Washington in the background. Once we got there, we realized that although we packed it, we forgot to bring his hat. And God forbid Nicky wear a hat that belongs to another football team, we had a makeshift one..his bib! Still did the job:
Nicky even met the Seagals - their autographed picture is already in his nursery:
 |
| Seahawk's cutest fan |
We also hit Pike Place Market. For everyone that knows me, I love my Starbucks - so I had to visit the original. However, there was a line going out the door, and it was almost a 30 minute wait just to put in your order. So I just had my picture taken in front:
 |
I wanted a chai tea, but not that badly.
|
 |
| In front of one of those fish-throwing shops..and Nicky has a real hat on this time! |
 |
Nicky and Auntie Zel
|
 |
| Bathtime in a Seattle sink |
 |
| A rare family photo! |
We had a great time in Seattle (despite a day of 95 degree weather, thank god for oscillating fans!), and can't wait to visit again!
 |
The Boncels with Uncle Vinny and Auntie Zel
|
No comments:
Post a Comment